Why volunteer at CHT Conference?
It’s fun and it will enhance your conference experience! You get to know people with an interest in weaving from all over the state and beyond. It is interesting to find out what is going on in other guilds across the state, and down the road, maybe you will want to take a workshop offered by another Texas guild or visit a new friend – it’s always good to see familiar faces.
Since CHT is an all volunteer organization with a small board and committees, we can always use a hand to carry out the spectacular events and classes and run the conference operations so that it is a great conference for everyone.
We take the guesswork out of volunteering. We work with individual volunteers and their conference schedules to make sure you still get to your workshops and classes.
When you register for your conference classes, please let us know you are willing to help by checking the item, “Yes, I am willing to be a conference volunteer.”
What are volunteer roles and responsibilities?
Class Angels provide assistance to our workshop and seminar leaders. The volunteer time will coincide with a class you are enrolled to take.
- Arriving 20 minutes early to assist the instructor and possibly at the end of class to help move items.
- Taking roll. Class roster will be provided during registration.
- Collecting class fees.
- Running a brief errand for the instructor.
- If there are any issues, report to the conference chair.
Conference Instructor Ambassador
Curbside Unloading and Loading Help:
Help our instructors unload at the start of conference and pack vehicles at the end of conference. You may be asked to either help set up the class room or move items to a storage area.
Sponsor an instructor’s meal during the Preconference. Show true Texas hospitality and get to know one of our instructors better. This may be an individual or group assignment.
Help with providing transportation for instructors to and from the airport.
Meals and Social Events
Volunteers are needed at meals to take tickets and help with door and raffle prize winners. They will need report to the meal venue 15 minutes prior to the door opening. They are able to join their dinner group at the start of the meal.
Exhibits and Sale Support
- Help the Exhibit Chairs during the Exhibit hanging (Thursday)
- Act as Judge’s scribe (Time TBD)
- Provide help during Take-down and check-out (Sunday)
- Help the Fashion Show Chair during Staging and Dressing (Saturday)
- Judge’s scribe (Time TBD)
- Take-down and check-out (Sunday)
- Help the Members’ Sale Team set up the booth in the Vendor Hall
- Help take down Sale items and check-out items (Sunday)
- Help throughout the conference to staff the booth and facilitate sales
General Conference Support
Volunteers will remain in the Exhibit Areas (Members’ Exhibit, Teachers Exhibit, Fashion Show Exhibit) to assure that exhibited pieces are not handled or removed. Volunteers will also help identify where the Member’s Choice voting ballet box is located. Or if gloves are provided ensure that they are worn.
Help is needed at all times the exhibit is open. Shifts are generally for 1 hour.
Vendor Hall Angels
Volunteer is a floater in the Vendor Hall. You may be asked to offer mini breaks to the vendors, direct shoppers, or assist with a brief errand, if the need arises.
CHT Table Support
The volunteer will staff the CHT Table where we display the Raffle Baskets and sell tickets. Shifts are 1 hours long.
Help is needed at the Registration during our busiest arrival times to hand out conference materials and answer questions. Help needed primarily Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning and Friday.